Skip to main content

Welcome and Goals for the Blog!

Hey Everyone!

I am not sure why I am stepping into the blog game so late in life.  Do people even read blogs anymore? Oh well.... never too late to try something new.

I have been interested in fitness and health my entire life BUT, like so many people I am pretty inconsistent.  I usually will stick to a routine for a few months, fall off, then start it up again.  Because of that I call myself a FOREVER BEGINNER.  It's simple - I lack discipline.  I will talk more about individual aspects of my background in future posts.

However, being consistency inconsistent has left me with a good baseline of fitness. I have regrets, if I had stuck with what I was doing back when I was in high school, I probably would have completed a lot of marathons by now!

But you can't go back, only look forward, so here I am.  💗

2020 was probably the best running year of my life.  I made so many great strides, did several virtual runs, and set a lot of new PRs. I will probably talk about them in a 2020 recap - 4 months too late!

I started 2021 not too strong (winter in New England scared me off) and then in February I found out I was pregnant with our first child!  The first trimester has been rough and the fatigue I experienced was nothing like I ever felt before.  Needless to say I was resting a lot and also not making the best food choices.  All of this is pretty normal as our body adjusts to growing a human! 

However, the last few weeks I have gotten my energy back to a good level and have slowly been adding exercise back into my routine. Thankfully my diet is closer to what it was pre-pregnancy, although I still have some food aversions.  I have only gone for three runs since finding out I was pregnant (have done a few at home pregnancy workouts too) but with this increase in energy level I plan to go for three runs a week and take it slow until I can no longer safely run.  I really want to maintain a level of fitness, keep running, so when I am cleared to start running again post-partum (avg. estimate is 6 weeks after delivery), I haven't lost 9 months of some kind of endurance. 


My plans for this blog are:

  • Record my running journey - during pregnancy, post-partum and all times thereafter 
  • Share what I eat in a day along with healthy recipes
  • General commentary on all my favorite running tips
  • Reviews of books (fitness and non-fitness related), snacks, recipes, etc
  • My experiences being pregnant and also staying healthy while having a baby! (But this will not be a family blog)
  • Gardening Adventures!  A hobby I got into last year
  • Career Tips
  • Lots more I am sure! 

As we go along, let me know what you think of the blog and if there is anything you want to see!

Have a great day!

BB

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing BB! Looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment